Lost or stolen passport

14.03.2023 - Article

If you have lost your passport or your passport has been stolen you will need to report this to the authority that issued this passport (e.g. if your passport was issued in Berlin you will have to report the lost/stolen passport to the passport office in Berlin). If your passport was issued in Tanzania, please contact the German Embassy in Dar Es Salaam.

You also have to get a police report about the lost or stolen passport. You will need the police report to apply for a new passport. Please note that it is also possible to notify the Tanzanian police online: https://lormis.tpf.go.tz/

More information on an emergency travel document and how to get it can be found on our German language website

Loss of passport declaration

Top of page