How Do I Apply?
- Read the information thoroughly
- You do not need to appear in person to have the address changed, but can instead send a duly authorized person in your place.
- Compile all the documents required for a change of address.
- Fully complete the application form.
- Book an appointment at your German Mission via our online appointment system. Please book one appointment per change of address.
- Bring all required documents in the original plus a simple (non-certified) copy. Incomplete applications cannot be submitted.
- Application form fully completed and signed by the applicant (Minors: Signed by both legal guardians)
- If you do not submit the application in person: Letter of authority, naming the authorized person and signed by the applicant (Minors: signed by both legal guardians)
- Passport and ID Card Note: If you have more than one valid passport, all of them need to be submitted for a change of address.
- Proof of deregistration from your last place of residence: always required if the last place of residence was in Germany also required if your last place of residence was outside of Germany but in country that has a residential registration system (e.g. Switzerland)
- Proof that your place of Residence is in Tanzania, e.g. rental agreement, work contract, municipal bill
- Tanzanian residence permit or visa
Note: Not all possible cases and scenarios can be represented here. Additional documentation might be requested depending on your specific case.